SAM

SAM

Followers

Dengarkan Utara.FM - Macam Biasa Juga Bah

Saturday, September 12, 2009

As I See It: Are We Moving Onwards or Backwards?

I was driving back to Kota Marudu at 8:15 this morning smoothly up till I reached the bumpy stretch along Ulu Kukut up to Langkon...The condition of the poorly sealed road reminded me of the few comments posted on SAM's blog few months back.The truth is out day...Then exactly today I witnessed the actual condition of the stretch...The similar condition like 10 something years ago...Nothing has changed much...I could only see few spots where effort is being put to improve the condition...Is it a genuine initiative?...Or simply to ease the tension among the "rakyat" with regard of their complains upon the road condition...Frankly...I could say that it is the old same "trick" - which implying that "something" is moving "backwards"..you guys out there might know of what I mean about...I dropped by at Kota Marudu town to have few words with my old buddy, Mr.Junicks Dangus at his DMW branch office before I procedeed my journey back to my "kampong", that is Longob...Well the condition of the road from Kg. Masolog to Longob is to some extent is satisfactorily sealed...After years being sidelined due to the discrepancy of political beliefs...ha...ha..That's the very typical of our"bumis" mindset... Then again when I was having my early lunch at one of the food outlets in Kota Marudu town which is belong to a Chinese proprietor), I saw a lady and a tiny boy(probably by the age of 5 or 6 year-old) peeling off the garlics behind the outlets wet kitchen - sadly...the boy was wearing extremely untidy shirt - and I really confirmed that the boy is our "bumi".My heart was really touched - wandering whether he is doing that job at full time basis because of poverty or out of the ignorance of his custodian...What a pity...So, are we moving onwards or backwards? Carl, Kg.Longob P/S I met Mr.Jasing at the place where I was having my lunch - He congratulated our blog..."Bule tahan SAM.." A compliment to all of us here in SAM.

7 comments:

ison said...

Obviously we want to move forward. But the exact condition of our 'beloved' Kota Marudu is very slow moving in term of structural development and it's residents living standard.

Now that most of us (Maruduan) have already developed in term of intellectual, we no more able to tolerate with this 'slow moving' and 'it's okay' mentality imposed by the older generation and leaders.

We want to be at least at par with the other districts in Malaysia! It's not that difficult if we're united under the name of 'I Love Marudu'. That's why SAM is here for every 'anak Marudu' who long for liberty from poverty and underdevelopment.

ambaya said...

Yuuu...c MRDC ba kalu 2. hahaa

Carl S. Adun said...

Yes Doc..I do totally agree with you with regard of our "intellectual" propeties/human capital - of whom we should be proud of the many achievements they have obtained....We have to deliberately find the means of how to capitalize them for the benefit of our "rakyat"...I (of course the many of us..I guess so...) established that there are (few maybe..) bureaucratic hurdles that to some extent have deprived of our very own "local" to offer their credibility of leadership....

MindaGuru said...

Sdr Carl..ramai "orang kita" yg yang sepatutnya sedang bersekolah tetapi bekerja di restoran2 mamak/cina di kk(mgkin tempat lain pun ada).Ada antara mereka yang berumur di bawah 15 tahun. kanak2 ini mungkin bekerja krna terpaksa atau dipaksa...kasihan...mereka tiada pembelaan.

maikong said...

terus terang sayakatakan ..bagi saya, tidaktahu macammana cara bantu org kita yg tidak bersekolah..simpati tatap simpati tapi saya rasa ini tidak cukup....
mesti semua pihak ambil tindakan...
mungkin agak terlambat sedikit tapi tak apa masih boleh menyelamatkan warga kita dari terus ketinggalan...

jaguh langit said...

MRDC..linumomu ko balaai boh..jagao pogi,milom tu asawat ot raa nu kie..

P/S: DJ LUGU takai poh ie MRDC dot lagu form John Samud.tajuk dia KURANG-KURANGAI POH ARAMAITI

Umar al-Longobi said...

let us continue to move forward!